Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Liberation Day . . .

As far back as I can recall I have been using ink as my blood to stain the pages of notebooks, napkins or whatever I could get my hands on to help unleash the traffic jam in my head. 

I have pages filled with run-on sentences, misspelled words and illegible entries that could only be described as hieroglyphics.  However, I can decipher every click and beep that I emoted onto these pages. 

I would purge my emotion on paper for the whole world to see (granted it was a one woman world) and then I would vault it, and convince myself that once I turned to the next page the previous page no longer existed. Those particular feelings had their day in court, and were judged by a jury of their peers (Me), and a verdict would be handed down. 

So, recently I was cordially invited to bare my soul for all eyes to see.  That very well may just be you, and you alone, but that's one more set of eyes than I'm used to. 

I went back and forth on whether I was ready to let you in and allow the pages that used to self destruct the moment they were turned an eternal bookmark to be viewed at a whim.  To be honest, my heart has exceeded the speed limit as I sit here typing with the mere thought of it all.

The decision has been made, though, and I have decided that I am going to throw caution, pride and probably the kitchen sink to the wind and see if the spotlight (however dim it may be) will be liberating or debilitating.

My rose colored glasses are all scratched up and missing a lens.  So let me just say…This is me in the raw and I would apologize in advance for anything that I write from here on out that offends but I won't lie to you on our first date.

Who knows, maybe you will see a little of yourself in me or perhaps you'll scratch your head and wonder how this girl got passed the guards. 

Thank you for reading my first entry.  I do believe I will go put on a sweater, I'm feeling a tad nude!

Ta!




Heidi Donovan

An old soul who speaks the truth, personifies loyalty and can induce the kind of laughter that heals you.

In addition to all that (and unbeknownst to many), Heidi is also an incredibly talented wordsmith and photographer.  
Allowing only the luckiest and most trusted into her world of woven words and captured moments.

For years she's been steadfast in her "thank you but no thank you" response to requests to share her work.  
Until….The day she said "Yes" to being a storyteller here.

I don't have words to express how happy, excited and overwhelmed with pride I am 
to introduce you to one of my favorite writers (and one of my best friends) of all time.

(Bio written by the President of her fan club, Tara Mazzeo Jackson)


   

No comments:

Post a Comment