Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Letters To The Lost . . .

raped into the world
thus my life begins
born in the fires
of original sin

"MY GOD...MY GOD...
WHY HAVE YOU ABANDONED ME?"

"MY GOD ...MY GOD...
I'LL TAKE WHAT YOU HAVE HANDED ME"

with the passing of the elders
death has thus disbanded thee

sadder and alone
I face this frail reality

as you died away
you were crying,reaching out to me
I seen that you were leaping
to come and walk beside of me

yet,I've not met you in my dreams
the way I've met with others
perhaps you hold a rank
among divine and unsung brothers

among Fitzpatrick,among Thompson
among Huxley,Hemingway and Poe
now I wait for wise old winds
so I may follow where they go

"AND THE WORDS BECAME FLESH
AND CAME TO LIVE AMONG US "

I found rapture in the rhythms
of the prayers the angels sung us

in event horizon I can almost grasp the secret
but be that as it may
I suppose I was never meant to reap it

back to chasing fleeting joys
as bottles slowly drain
we lick our wounds and burn our spoons
and bury all our pain

just bury ourselves 










Mike O'Rourke

Born 1/3/78 in Boston, MA.  Originally from Charlestown, MA., 
Mike lived most of his life in the neighboring city of Somerville (affectionately referred to as "Slumerville").

Mike is an artist - illustrator, writer, musician, philosopher, free thinker.

"I feel that art is not a skill or sharpened technique as much as it is just a part of nature.  Like gravity, electricity, light, wind, fire, water.  Art is a form of energy.  It's an element.  It's an extension of the creative consciousness of the Universe that constantly expands and runs through all matter.  Some connect easily with the energy, others are not even aware of it.  Whether you are a chef, tradesman, hairdresser, stay at home parent, farmer, engineer, etc., the creative force is working through you on all levels. There is no separation of man and nature.  We think, we create."  — Mike O'Rourke


1 comment: