Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Holder of My Heart . . .

What is it like, holding my heart in your hands?

Does it feel heavy under the weight of my longing?

Can you feel the beat that is skipped when you cross my mind?

Do you see the depth in the fault lines of my tragedies?

Have you let your fingers trace over the scar tissue that protects what's broken?

Does my heart become cold when I am filled with resentment?

Or burn hot to the touch in moments of desire?

Can you hear the soft sounds of weeping when I ache?

And feel the flutter of laughter when I feel free?

You see, I can't help but to wonder what it's like to be the holder of my heart.

I hope, over time, it's not too much of a burden.

That you don't grow tired and bored and weary.

I know I can often be too much me.





Tara Mazzeo Jackson

Curator for Bohemian LivingOwner/Artist of Bungalow Wilde 
and Blogger at Bits & Pieces.

Tara is a lover of yoga, bleeder of words and a bohemian city-kid who has a knack for rescuing stray animals.  
She has a mean case of wanderlust and you’d be hard pressed to find her without these things:
a journal in her bag, a camera in-hand and sun kissed shoulders.

Tara writes from experience, pain, truth, triumph and that place, 
deep down, where the words simmer in emotion.

1 comment: