Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Beautiful Distraction . . .

What do you want me to say?

That you are a beautiful distraction?  

Well, you are.

Some days I just accept it
and accept you
just being there
sitting in the corner of my thoughts
camped out in some armchair
with a smirk
on your beautiful face.

Because you know.

You know
that you hold
a power over me.

You know
that you hold 
me captive.

You know 
that every time 
you pop into my life
my heart races
and my hands tremble.

You
are the ultimate distraction
from anything
and everything 
that I ought to be doing.

So, instead of finding focus
and being productive
I just sit here, 
captivated,
as I watch you
in the corner of my mind.

And think to myself
how incredibly beautiful you are.





Penelope Jones

Penelope is a free-spirited, tell it like it is poet and storyteller.
  
Much of her work is done by free-writing, which is the "spill it out and don't look back" approach.  
It's honest, pure, sometimes rough and always raw.  She, like so many of us,  has seen tragedy and felt triumph, 
all of which echoes through her words beautifully.  

She is a light, a true beacon and an excellent traveling companion for those who like to trek unbeaten paths.  
She believes in adventure, in packing light, that cussing is therapeutic and that love is always worth it.

1 comment: