Tuesday, July 1, 2014

The Hardest Month

Hey July. 

I’m psyching myself out for you and I need to be ready. Somehow I’ve managed to lose more people in you and I will never get why.
Certain dates, forever seared into my mind, haunt me like a dark room after a scary movie. I know there is nothing in that dark room but the fact that I can’t see what is there is frightening.  
I can’t see what you’re up to this year and it’s quite possible you may be nice to me. I really hope so. But the not knowing sets the paranoia off every year since you started wreaking havoc on my life.
This year is worse than ever, for July, you must know about my possible at bats. The ones I will worry about even more now that you are here. My positive thinking will be harder than ever. But I will try.

While I have learned to cope with all the losses, not one day has healed me and never will. Please, July, be kind to me. Please, July, don't take anyone else that I love.

Please, July, please.








Melissa Sue Vieira


Melissa wears many hats.  
Some are super colorful and some are dark, just like her stories.  

She is a mother, friend, writer, survivor, warrior, yogi, listener, talker 
and a lover of all things art.

No comments:

Post a Comment