Wednesday, July 30, 2014

A Bid Farewell

Four walls in every room, the silence is deafening.
Numb again, but I can feel everything.

Excruciating pain resembles nightmares once stored in a safe place.
My thoughts echo from the walls of the amphitheater in my head.

As my night turns to day I watch the light cut through the Newport Pleasure.
Teeth clenched so tight they couldn't unhinge, unable to utter a sound.

I try to speak but my thoughts are empty, words less than shallow.
My eyes tremble as I fight their honesty, their unwillingness to give up.

My heart's irrational cadence fueled by the devil's own.
It's only character meant to destroy those who succumb.
Leaving me ashamed, I can't bare to see my own reflection.
Looking into my own eyes they are black and hollowed.

My lips quiver in disgust.
I cry for a better life.

I am my only keeper.

So I bid you farewell.
Your grip has been unrelenting but I was born to fight.
I will not be imprisoned.

There you sit, taunting from the pit of my stomach.
Alone as I once was, my days are bright, the pain is gone.

I laugh.
I smile.
I love.
I live.

Fuck you!







Russell Reich

Russell survived the battle of the demons inflicted by the streets of Somerville, Massachusetts. 
He skipped town with his girlfriend, landed in the Midwest and became a father of two boys.

He has always had a knack for things that inspire. 
Mainly music, but anything that took him away from the bad memories or the hustle & bustle 
of work/home life could evoke him to create just about anything he had the time for.





No comments:

Post a Comment