Monday, October 27, 2014

So I Wait . . .

The winds in my sails now seem to be gone...
So here I float in uncharted waters, and WAIT.

The sunrise that use to greet me won't break the horizon...
So I sit here in the shadows longing for its warmth, and WAIT.

The drops of rain that would wash everything anew can't seem to reach the ground...
So I stand here with my arms wide open, reaching for its baptism, and WAIT. 

The dreams I used to chase have been interrupted by nightmares...
So with eyes wide open I do my best to keep the monsters at bay, and WAIT. 

The path that I used to follow now leads me in circles...
So with blisters on my heels I shall stand firm, and WAIT. 

The inferno in my belly has all but been extinguished...
So I hold firm to my last match hoping for the winds to die down, and WAIT. 

The beats of my heart now show signs of a murmur...
So I accept the fact there is no cure, but refuse to accept defeat, and WAIT. 

I wait because of hope...I wait because of love....I wait because I know what is waiting for me…

I wait because it is what he would want. 

So I wait...




Heidi Donovan

An old soul who speaks the truth, personifies loyalty and can induce the kind of laughter that heals you.

In addition to all that (and unbeknownst to many), Heidi is also an incredibly talented wordsmith and photographer.  
Allowing only the luckiest and most trusted into her world of woven words and captured moments.

For years she's been steadfast in her "thank you but no thank you" response to requests to share her work.  
Until….The day she said "Yes" to being a storyteller here.

I don't have words to express how happy, excited and overwhelmed with pride I am 
to introduce you to one of my favorite writers (and one of my best friends) of all time.

(Bio written by the President of her fan club, Tara Mazzeo Jackson)

No comments:

Post a Comment