Wednesday, August 13, 2014

My Moment Of Impact

I was 17 when life as I knew it ended.

Mortality became suddenly real.

I wasn’t invincible anymore.

I was broken.

My own body fighting itself. With no end in sight.

There’s no cure. Only treatment.

Nobody was to blame.

It came from nowhere. Or from within.

I couldn’t have stopped it.

I couldn’t even control it.

Why me? Poor me.

Fuck that.

Stand up.

Fight it.

Own it.

Win.

Live.

Survive.

Got knocked down? Get. Back. Up.

This will not beat me.

This will not define me. 

I am stronger than this. I have to be. I. Will. Be.








collective_bio.jpg

Jason Donoghue

Jason is a bit of a renaissance man.
A husband, a lover, and a fighter.
A fiercely loyal friend.
A pragmatist, but a dreamer.

An IT guy by trade, he is also a photographer, videographer, 
and director with his eyes set squarely on Hollywood.

Born and raised in the Boston area, his childhood was mostly nomadic, 
leading to his idea of “home” truly being defined by the people around him.

Always quick with a pun, and an answer for every rhetorical question, 
he’s frequently lost in his own thoughts, often “checking out” for periods of time 
pondering the world, the universe, and the people around him. 

His fight to live in the moment is equally matched by his view of the future, 
being blessed and cursed with the gift of foresight.

No comments:

Post a Comment